Sonntag, 3. Mai 2009

Review of Zoo Sushi in Castle Rock, CO

Zoo Sushi
729 Barranca Dr.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
(303) 663-2752
Google Maps link: 
Größere Kartenansicht

I read a scathing review of this restaurant on Google just now, and I'm surprised he or she had such a bad experience. The restaurant must have been having a bad day, because my father and I went there yesterday, and we really enjoyed it.

We pulled up to find it a bit sketchy-looking; more like a dingy bar from the outside, with a wide array of neon signs advertising different kinds of beer. Outside, a family was just leaving, so we rolled our windows down and asked if they liked it. With big smiles, they said, "Go, it's so worth it, this was our second time!" We figured that was a pretty good review, so inside we went.

We were in for a surprise - behind the doors and neon beer signs was a nice, funky, comfortable decor. We sat at a booth, and I must say it was probably one of the most comfortable restaurant booths I have sat on. The artwork inside was funky modern Asian, with bright colours and a touch of kitsch, and I mean that in a good way.

The food was made relatively quickly, and it was delicious. We ordered teriyaki chicken and an unagi (eel) bowl. The teriyaki sauce was not what I was used to - it tasted a little sweeter than I have had before, but it was still very tasty. We received complimentary miso soup, which was delicious, and ordered gyoza (dumplings) and a seaweed salad as appetizers. The gyoza were more fried and the dough was thinner than I am used to. That was a bit disappointing, but very tasty nonetheless. I have no complaints about the unagi. 

The only other complaint I have is the music in the restaurant was a bit loud, and was typical top 40 selections, but I was able to tune it out and concentrate on the conversations with my dad.

The price was pretty typical of a Japanese or sushi restaurant - appetizers were $4.00-$8.00, entrees $9.00-$14.00. Our bill came out to $45 with tip, just because we had ordered two appetizers and two meals. It was worth it, but obviously someone who has a tighter budget might want to stay away from ordering two appetizers.

All in all, it was a good experience, and I would rate it a 3.5 out of 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Guygetsgirl.com - Pickup, dating, and seduction guide Click Here!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen